Friday, February 22, 2013

Digital Perm at Tony and Jackey

It started when I got so bored with my life and I'm having some personal issues with my so called "love life" back in 2010, that I wanted a new look! I've been hearing a lot about this new way of curling hairs. I am familiar with the usual cold perm process until I heard about this and started googling "Digital Perm". Hmm..  found some very interesting facts about it. The waves formed by digital perms are more loose and big than the cold perm. This made it more interesting as now it's really possible to wear that gorgeous curls without ironing them with a hot curler everyday!

Price varies from different saloon and since it is my first time to try it, I went to a trusted Korean Salon "Tony and Jackey". They are offering it at Php 3,000 for mid-length hair using Korean medicine. For L'Oreal  , it's more expensive- Php 6,000.

The process took 4-5 hours. They will hook and clip your hair to this machine with wires that looks like octopus hands. I didn't mind waiting that long cause when it was finished, the result was very fulfilling!



I have my own way of maintaining the shape of the curls. Of course it's a must not to comb it when dry to not loose those precious shapes. Would recommend to comb it by hands when it's still wet after shower. Usually ,the curls tangled as it dries if you only used shampoo. It's a good practice to apply conditioner too. As for me, I am using the Sunsilk Hair Treatment Cream (the orange one). It does good in shaping my curls as well as making my hair softer and restores the damage done by chemicals. You can also apply a curl defining lotion if you wanted to. Avoid blow drying it cause once I tried it, my hair looked and felt so dry and frizzy.

As times goes by, the curl loosens on which gives me a natural curled hair look. Isn't wonderful having different look every month as your hair varies it's curls along the way?

Now, after 1 year...I decided to cut the curls and wait for 6 months to rest my hair from chemicals. Then when my hair is ready, once more I got it digitally permed for the second time... and still the result is lovely!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much the this article because i am planning to re-do my digi perm at Tony and Jackey on a group buying site. i wanna try it for the first time but with a discount, since indeed it is so expensive. I'm so excited..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pretty! I hope you were satisfied with the result! Share your look once you have done it :)

    ReplyDelete